Click here to view Fall Protection and Rescue Open Enrollment Courses
For sales questions:
Corporate Mailing Address:
More Hands On Climbing Training than Anywhere
Crane Fall Protection & Rescue
Who is this class for?
This class is geared to train anyone who works on, around, operates, or inspects cranes.
Why do I need Fall Protection and Rescue Training?
This class has all the information that OSHA requires (1926.502) on training. We discuss and learn the proper usage, selection, and maintenance of Fall Protection and Rescue systems. The Rescue Training will ensure there will be a safe, prompt rescue.
What are the advantages of attending a Fall Protection class if I have already worked on cranes using Fall Protection?
The class includes all the information that you would need to make sure that you are using the Fall Protection equipment properly.
What will I learn in the Rescue portion of the class?
You will learn the advantages of pre-rigging. You will learn to rig for Self-Rescue or the Rescue of a fellow worker.
What does the 3 day class entail?
At the beginning of the class, we hand out Fall Protection and Rescue manuals. A PowerPoint presentation covers the following information:
● We discuss all parts of the Fall Protection hierarchy.
● We spend a great deal of time covering the four parts of a Fall Arrest system.
● Inspection of the Fall Protection system.
● The proper donning of the Fall Protection harness
● Proper usage of the Fall Protection equipment
● How to maintain the Fall Protection equipment
● When and where Fall Protection equipment is needed
● Confined Space concerns when working in the base or pedestal of a crane
● Identification and proper use of Rescue equipment
● How to use belay techniques for assisted and suspended Rescues
● How to use mechanical advantage systems for Rescue
● How to work together as a team and perform Rescue in a safe and prompt manner
● Planning for Prevention, Self-Rescue, Assisted Rescue, and Suspended Rescue
● Assisted and Suspended Rescues involving a crane
● JSA, Fall Hazard Survey, Fall Protection Procedure, and Rescue Plan
Students will particpate in a variety of hands-on excercises, which will cover 90% of the class time. These hands-on exercises include completion of required documentation, throughout the class along with a Fall Protection demonstration to show the amount of arresting force that is generated during a fall. We will set up various scenarios and you will have to perform tasks to assure competency on Fall Protection and Rescue. At the end of the class, we will issue a test to make sure the information is retained. At the conclusion of the class, we issue certification cards for those students who passed the test.
What happens if a person is using Fall Protection equipment outside of its limitations?
It will not work properly! The myth is, “If I am wearing the gear, I must be protected.” This is not true. You must wear the gear and it must be attached to an anchor; not attached to just anything you can find any which way you want, but to a suitable anchor with the system tied off within the limitations of the equipment
What happens if a person is using Rescue equipment outside of its limitations?
It will not work properly! It is possible the equipment could fail. Performing Rescue in a safe and timely manner may not be possible.
Where can Safety Connection, Inc. perform the class?
As this is a specialized class, we prefer to hold the class at our location in Baton Rouge, LA where we have structures set up for the class. We can hold the class at your location provided certain guidelines are met.